Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Graduates - The journey of your true LIFE begins

Month of March has already ended and finally here comes April. The month wherein most of the schools were having their graduation ceremonies. Of course, after few months, here comes College life. Exciting, challenging, new things, new friends and new life style. Most of the students were having complications and difficulties of what course to choose. Some of them were insisted by their parents to get this courses, "Nursing, Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Nursing Aide, etc." Why? Because these courses are in-demand outside abroad. But let me ask the parents.. Do you even bother to ask you child what he/she wants to take? or what's your child's passion to do? You are just letting your child suffer for letting him/her study the things they don't want to.

Here comes the blogger, Mr. Dino Lapiz. I was lucky to have a parents who supported me until I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree. I took Major in Science - Biology. Since elementary, that's what I love, aside from music and art and I also planned to proceed Medicine after graduating with that course. Nothing's wrong with Biology and actually I loved it. I've been through a lot of challenges, this includes dissection, experiments, collecting parasites, manipulation of microscopes and etc. They say Biology is boring and this course are only for those studious persons, brainy, nerd, freak and even strange. Some also said that Biology course are for those who did not make or didn't passed during entrance examination for Nursing because in our Institution, S-5 are for Nursing students and only S-4 are for the Biology students and for your information, I got S-7 but still I chose to take Biology instead of Nursing.

March 2008, I graduated... I planned to have a pleasant work before proceeding Medicine. I was hired as a Quality Control Inspector in one of the Tuna Industries here in Gensan and after 2 years of experience, I got promoted and already forgot about the Medicine thing. Now let me tell you this, out of 100% of what I learned during school years, I think only 10% of it are the only things that I've used while I'm working. I don't know why or how I came up with that situation but all I can say is everything was a mess to think that I am only earning above minimum salary while working after suffering for how many years of studying. What the F...

Maybe some people were right. Maybe the Parent's are correct. I don't know if I regretted taking the course and I don't even know if this job is right for me or not because as what you can see, I had a job which is practically useless, ineffective, expendable and incompetent. I am surrounded by those people who are only high school graduate and earning not so close with what I'm earning. I feel so stupid and sometimes I already felt that I am a big disappointment for my family.

Those people who have been encountering same situation like mine already encourage others that they must not focus too much on what they desire and learn to observe their surroundings. Just like saying "Kung ano yung uso, doon ka" but for me, that doesn't work. If you dream big, earn big, to have this and to have those then you should work for it. Lot's of Millionaires nowadays doesn't have any of those Bachelor's nor Master's Degree. That's life.. be wise and practical. Learn to make twists and turns with it. I know everything happens for a reason that's why I ended up like this and until know, I keep on searching for the right reason.

Actually I don't have any advice for those who graduated recently on what to take or how to choose a perfect course for you. The only thing that I want to tell you is work with your heart and follow your dreams. By the way, I already resigned with that USER company. Every employee that they have are unstable because of they lousy book of policies. Bad for them...

No comments:

Post a Comment